We had our summer neighborhood BBQ this past Sunday so I decided to try out a recipe I got from a friend. These were so easy! The hardest thing about this recipe was finding caramel...who would've thought?? David and I went to 4 stores before finding individually packaged caramels! BUT it was definitely worth it :)
1lb. salted butter - room temp
1 C. sugar
1 1/4 C. powdered sugar
2 T. vanilla
4 C. all-purpose flour
1 bag 14 oz. caramel candies - unwrapped
1/3 C. milk or cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 T. course sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Combine butter and sugars in large bowl.
2. Mix on medium speed until creamy. Add vanilla and combine.
3. Sift the flour into butter mixture and beat on low speed until smooth, soft dough forms.
4. Spray 9x13 baking pan with cooking spray. Press 1/3 of the dough into pan evenly to form bottom crust.
5. Bake until firm and the edges are pale golden brown - 20 minutes. Let cool about 15 minutes. Chill remaining dough.
1. Place caramels in microwave-safe bowl. Add vanilla and cream. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth. *may have to continue to microwave for 30 second intervals*
2. Pour caramel over crust. Sprinkle with salt.
3. Remove chilled dough and crumble over caramel.
4. Bake until filling is bubbly - about 25-30 minutes.
5. Let cool and cut into squares.
**I had extra mini chocolate chips left over from this recipe so I through them on top as soon as I got them out of the oven.
Today, I'm linking up with Jam Hands for Recipe Sharing Monday! Check her out and get some new recipes while you're there!!