Happy St. Patty's Day everyone!! I had so much fun preparing this post...I got to drink booze and eat cake!
Now, that's what I call lucky! The hubs and I decided to stay home since we have been under allergy attack all week. I'm ok with having seasonal allergies...but not EVERY season!! I'm so excited to share all the goodies we made for our St. Patrick's Night In so let's just dive right in!
♣ Grasshopper Cake ♣
1 Box White Cake Mix
Ingredients called for on the Back of the Box: egg whites, oil and water
2 1/2 tsp. Mint Extract
Green Food Color
1 16 oz. Jar Hot Fudge Topping
1 8 oz. Container Whipped Topping, thawed
Creme de Menthe Chocolate Candies, chopped into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9x13 cake pan (you also make cupcakes with this) with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Mix cake mix according to the directions on the back of the box. Add in 2 tsp. of the mint extract and the food coloring. See the handy dandy chart below for achieving the color you want. Thank you, Pinterest! We (the hubs helped with all these fun treats) chose the Creme de Menthe color.
Here is what it turned out like. Fun!!
3. Pour the batter into the cake pan and cook according to the box.
4. Once it is finished baking, allow to cool completely and then spread the hot fudge sauce on the cooled cake. **You make need to heat the fudge in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds until it is easier to spread. It will still need to be thick..just spreadable.
5. Next, add 1/2 tsp. of mint extract and green food coloring (I made this layer lighter than the cake) in the whipped topping. Stir it up.
6. Spread the whipped topping onto the cake.
7. Then sprinkle with the chopped candies.
Here is how it looks....mint green is a biotch to photograph! So....I had to turn all the lights off and only use my flash.
With lights on....
With lights off. I also sprinkled with gold sugar sprinkles...you can really see them in this pic.
Either way....it was was delicious! This cake will need to be stored in the fridge.
Now, onto the booze!
We made several drinks. Purely for the purpose of taking the pictures and sharing with you guys, of course :)
♣ Kiss Me I'm Irish ♣
1 1/2 part Tequila
1 part Blue Curacao
1 part Mango Juice
1 part Pineapple Juice
Shake all ingredients together with ice and pour into glass. I also added a few drops of green food coloring just to give it a more green tint.
I found some gold shimmery sugar sprinkles at Michaels...perfect for these!
♣ Pot o' Gold ♣
The hubs and I made this drink up...I told him what ingredients to use and he figured out the ratio. However, I'm sure he added a bit much vodka :)
2 parts UV Cake Vodka (love this stuff - see these root beer floats I made with it)
2 parts Creme de Cacao
3 parts Milk
Shake with ice and strain into martini glass. Top with gold sugar sprinkles.
I got these green martini glasses after Christmas last year at Target....they were 50 cents each!!
This drink can also be made as a shot. The shot glass my brother-in-law got me in Ireland was very appropriate for this!
I swirled green food coloring gel around the shot glass.
♣ Grasshopper ♣
2 shots UV Cake Vodka
2 shots Green Creme de Menthe
Blend everything in blender. Pour into glass.
David swirled chocolate syrup in this glass...yummy!
Hope you enjoy your St. Patrick's Day!! What kind of treats did you have?
Linking up with Kristine for her Sunday Funday Linkup Party...which btw..guess who was featured this week on her linkup party?!?! Yours truly!! How exciting is that!?!?!