(My sister sent me this picture as Lili was opening the gift we sent her!)
My oldest niece, Liliana, turned 6 today! SIX?!?! Where did those 6 years go???? It seems like it was just a couple mornings ago when I got that 4 am phone call from my mom telling me she was on the way! I went right to the hospital and took off work that day. It seems like we waited FOREVER for Lili to make her way into the world! Her stubborness started out early! :) She is such an awesome little girl and I miss her like crazy!! They recently moved to Alabama because of the military and I don't get to see them as much as I'd like! A couple months after being born, my brother-in-law was deployed for a year. So, my mom and I were at my sister's house pretty much every single day to help my sis out with Lili. So, in honor of her 6th birthday, I wanted to share 6 memories/facts about becoming an aunt for the first time!
1. Lili - I had never changed a diaper until you! You were my first diaper change!! I never knew so much grossness could come out of such a small cute bundle of joy!!
2. When we used to watch you while your mommy was in school, you had separation issues...MAJOR issues. You would
scream cry your little heart out when you realized your mommy wasn't there. I would cry with you because I felt soooo bad for you!
3. I was always so nervous when I would give you a bath. Once, I was trying to get the shampoo out of your hair and the water got in your mouth. You choked. I panicked. But everything worked out just fine.
4. One of my favorite memories I have is one time me and ma-ma were watching you. You and I sit in the rocking chair and watched tv for hours. We shared TWO bowls of Cheerios...I'm pretty sure you had more than me! You loved those Cheerios!!
5. You used to come over to my house and play in my basket of scrapbook flowers. You had your own little basket of scrapbook stuff that I gave you. You had stickers, flowers, and paper. I still have that basket and can't bring myself to get rid of it!
6. The first time you met Uncle David (or Uncle Batman as you call him), you wanted HIM to hold your hand to walk to the car! HIM and not ME?!?! You instantly loved him and I loved that!
We've made so many memories together and I can't wait to make more! You're my little Silly Lili. Before you were born, I decided that is what I would call you. Little did I know you would actually be so humorous!
Happy 6th Birthday, Lili :)